Hope your having a great week ! I had a really awesome weekend and I am still snapping out of it! Myself and my man had a lovely movie and dinner date last Saturday. Have you guys seen the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel? Its got such a lovely old world charm and was quite entertaining. I’m planning to check out some of the other movies by Wes Anderson. Any suggestions?
As I was getting ready for our night out, I decided to stick my hand into my vanity drawer and use the first product that I pull out ( you can play such fun games once you’ve hoarded makeup products like a squirrel hoarding nuts! ) Guess what I pulled out…
Since I’ve had this product for a while now and have been using this continuously for the past couple of days, I thought why not do a review post!
Lets take a look at the good stuff……
- Okay, so the product is called a shimmer brick and is shimmery but when applied with a light hand ( thats the keyword; light hand!) it can take your blush to a whole new level, or when used on its own give a lovely natural glow. The shimmer brick I own is in the shade bronze which I feel is perfect for people with my skin tone (NC30), although I have seen this work equally well for slightly lighter and darker skin tones.
- The product consists of bands of 5 shades which are very finely milled and have a creamy texture and feel upon touch !
- In addition to being used as a highlighter for your blush or in place of a blush..you can use this as eyeshadow as well. I personally don’t use this as an eyeshadow that much primarily since I have eyeshadows which can give me the same effect..but hey its always good to have a multi tasking product!
If you’ve fallen for the product by now and jotting it down in your must buy list lets take a look at some of the issues I have with this guy.
The not so good stuff…
- The price tag! These cost 42 US$ which is quite a bit but if you really see this as a multi tasker ( blush, bronzer, eyeshadow) maybe its not so bad. Plus I use sooo little of it, this is probably going to last me a really long time, so in the long run 42 $ doesn’t look so bad does it? ( Arnt we all guilty of doing this kind of skewed math when justifying a purchase in our brains 😛 )
- Now being an all in one product it would have been awesome if I could have traveled easily with it! I find the shimmer brick to be extremely delicate..my cousin once opened her hand bag and found her shimmer brick in a million pieces….its so fragile 😦
- I mentioned that this a very finely milled product, the downside to that is the fallout..you can see the powder fly all over the place every time you swirl your brush over the compact.
- If you have dry skin make sure you moisturize really well before using this product since it can cling on to dry patches. Also use a primer if you have very visible pores since this product can accentuate them because of its fine powdery texture.
- Lastly, use a light hand or be labelled a disco ball by your co workers and your neighbors 🙂