Irrespective of what the latest makeup trends are there are some things most of us love to use all year around or during a particular season. After all there is no fun in makeup if you stick to the rules and trends! So although I have labeled this much loved shade of lipstick of mine as a springtime one, I do enjoy using it almost at any time of the year 🙂 This is also the only coral shade that I own which is more of an orangey coral as opposed to a pinky coral. I usually tend to gravitate towards the pink toned corals since they are mostly easier to carry off on the lips and cheeks and seeing the brightness of orange toned coral shades I usually recoil in horror 😀 Then one fine day I saw one of my friends sporting this shade on her lips and was literally seduced into buying this shade!
- First off, if you haven’t figured it out already, I love the color! It is a really nice shade of orange coral which doesn’t come off garish looking on the lips and I think it is a pretty matte shade which can be flattering for most skin tones.
- I also like the fact that it applied really smoothly despite being matte.It pretty much glides onto your lips but at the same time doesn’t feel heavy which is something I look for in lipsticks. Dont you hate that feeling of having something heavy on your lips ?
- Another plus point ! these lipsticks has absolutely no smell..nothing fruity/minty/chemical smelling. Sometimes I am weary of makeup products with scents or smells since there is always a chance that the product works great but the smell puts you off and thus you cant use it!
- These lipsticks are advertised as long wearing ( the claim being 10 hours!!). They are reasonably long wearing, 10 hours maybe if you don’t plan on eating or drinking at all that day 😉
- The lipstick isn’t particularly moisturizing nor do I find it drying which is a good thing! I usually like to wear most lipsticks with a lip balm underneath and that works really well with this lipstick too!
Overall, I don’t have anything too negative to say about this lipstick except that the long wear claims are a bit exaggerated! I haven’t tried any of the other shades in this range and since the formula isn’t too bad I think I’ll pick up some other shades in the future! Do you guys have any shade suggestions? 🙂