Hope you guys are having a fabulous Wednesday! Don’t you hate it when a company discontinues a favorite product of yours 😦 (First world problems). When I first found out that the Body Shop is discontinuing its Moroccan line in the Spa Wisdom series I hoarded a few jars of the Moroccan Black Olive and Argan oil scrub 😀 Now that I am down to the last bits of the last jar I was inspired to write this post! I have no idea why they discontinued this product especially since anything Argan oil is the ‘ in ‘ thing right now. I thought I’d share why I like this product and why I want The body shop to bring it back 🙂
- I find this a reasonably priced body scrub in a really nice jar. Now although the jar is nice, the consistency of product makes a tube more easy to manage. But, I have no complaints..I like the jar and it can be easily re purposed. I have used the empty jars to hold coins, hair pins etc.
- Now lets discuss the product inside..this is slightly different in texture compared to other body scrubs I’ve used in the past. It has a jelly like consistency with the scrub particles suspended in it. I know, it doesn’t exactly sound very appealing but I liked the whole jelly thing once I started using it.! The grainy stuff in this scrub is ground olive seeds and argan nut shell powder.
- The reason I love this scrub is because its gentle on my skin. It gives the desired scrubbing effect at the same time doesn’t dry out my skin or make it red or give that burning feeling that you get when you use really harsh body scrubs. The jelly like part of this scrub does contain skin conditioning ingredients like glycerin, Olive oil and Argan oil. I do find that my skin feels silky smooth after I step out of the shower!
- I have to admit that initially I wasn’t a big fan of the smell. It smells a bit orangey and floral and sometimes a bit like shampoo! But it is a mild scent which I have gotten used to I guess since it doesn’t bother me so much any more!
- The only downside to this scrub is that the scrubbing grains(ground olive seeds and argan shell powder) do not dissolve in water unlike the traditional salt and sugar based body scrubs so you might have to check your shower area after you step out to make sure all of the scrub grains have gone down the drain.
Like I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I wish The Body Shop would bring this back! Meanwhile I might just try out the African salt scrub from the Spa wisdom series which is still available for purchase once my current jar finishes up! Does anyone else like this scrub? Tell me about a favorite product of yours thats been discontinued 🙂 and if your a blogger..do blog about it!
Until next time ciao!!