Usually I post a science related post on tuesdays but I was so tied up with things I didn’t have time to write one…I promise to put one out next week though 😉 The science posts do take much longer to write and put together so I usually land up working on them during the weekends and this weekend was packed with activities and friends 🙂 Hope you all had a great weekend too!! So today I am going to review what I think is the best eyeshadow primer out there! *drumroll* The Put a lid on it primer from The Balm !!
- So if your wondering why I love this primer to bits..it fulfills everything that I look for in an eyeshadow primer. Once I apply eyeshadow over this primer not only does it stay put for well over 10 hours but they also look really vibrant! I have moderately oily lids (it depends on the weather) and this works like a charm in keeping my eye looks fresh throughout the whole day.
- I also like it that it doesnt bother my sensitive skin at all..I have tried eyeshadow primers in the past which have given me itchy and uncomfortable eyelids.
- I like to put a teeny tiny amount (thats all you need) on my ring finger and spread it all over my eyelids. It has a wet consistency when you first get it out of the tube but once you dab it onto your eyelids it sets in a couple of seconds to a matte finish which doesn’t feel heavy on your lids which is a big plus too 🙂
- The only negative I can think of for this primer is that it will not help hide any discoloration of the eyelids. Although when you first squeeze it out of the tube it has a yellow tinge to it, once its on the lids it dries to a clear matte finish. So if your looking for a primer that will do the traditional job of a primer and also help with lid discoloration this might not be your cup of tea.
- This primer has a price tag of 18$, but with The Balm having sales often and also being featured on Hautelook every once in a while you can pretty much get it for 9$ which is an awesome price for what you get 🙂
- I do have to warn you though that I have used this primer solely with powder eyeshadows so I am not sure how it performs when used with cream eyeshadows. I am not a fan of cream eyeshadows so I don’t have any to even test it out 🙂
- If you take a look at the ingredients you will see that this product contains Talc and Silicone based polymers so in case you have sensitivities to any of these ingredients I guess you might have to stay away from this one.
I will end this post again stressing how much I love this primer 😀 It has helped me keep my eye makeup looking fab during long outdoor weddings, conferences and parties so its only fair I share the good news with everyone!
Hope you guys are having a great week..until next time..ciao!!