Welcome to an episode of Lilly searching for a good drug store foundation (There will be more foundation trials and tribulations episodes to come). I picked up the Rimmel Lasting Finish a few months back on a whim. I got the wrong shade which seems to always be an issue when I shop for a drug store foundation. However, it wasn’t so off that I couldn’t test it out 🙂
- I really enjoy the feel of this foundation. It gives a nice light to medium coverage. I think it can be built up carefully to a full coverage if you want but I have not tried since I am mostly happy with medium coverage.
- It dries to a nice matte finish which isn’t too matte that your skin looks parched but just the right amount of matte with a hint of a glow. I was surprised that the matte look didn’t accentuate any dry patches (I do have dry skin), so I think this foundation will work great with most skin types!
- Actually when I realized that the shade wasn’t a good match for my skin tone I was hoping this would oxidize 😛 but this doesn’t! So for those of you who can find the right shade this is good news!
- The foundation does have a weird floral smell but it disappears after you apply so I am not too bothered by it.
- The biggest issue with trying to buy this foundation would be trying to figure out your shade. The transparent tube doesn’t help too much. The shade I picked up has pink undertones and gives my yellow undertone skin a greyish cast if I try to build it up to a medium coverage. It however helps cover up blemishes and also dark circles for me 🙂 So recently I’ve been using this more as a corrector/concealer.
- The shade range in general is quite limited. So if you find a shade that matches you perfectly its akin to winning the lottery 🙂
- Once you apply the foundation to your face, you have work real fast! I find that once it sets it refuses to budge and blending it out is next to impossible. Because of this I find it easier to apply it in a buffing motion with a brush or with my finger tips. I found it hard to stipple the foundation onto my face since it sets too fast!
Overall, I am impressed with what this foundation can do considering its low price point! I am not sure about the 25 hour claim since I have never worn makeup continuously for more than 12 hours 🙂 This did last me a good 7 to 8 hours before it started to show signs of wearing off so I doubt it will last 25 hours. They also claim to have a build in primer which for me doesn’t make much of a difference when comparing its wear time to other foundations. I do not use a face primer everyday, so I mostly wear foundations over my moisturizer and this one with the built in primer was no different than the rest.
Hope you guys are having a great week! Until next time, ciao!!