Hope you guys are having a great week so far! I have been tied up with dental issues this week 😦 I hate going to the dentist..I see the dentists chair as a torture chamber and hate having to go for even basic cleaning! The aversion is just so strong! I had a root canal done some 7 years ago which scarred me for life! Writing a beauty related post will hopefully cheer me up and calm my nerves before the dental visit. So lets talk happy stuff now 🙂 Today I thought I’ll review a summer time staple of mine..The Garnier Moisture rescue refreshing gel cream.
As you can see from the picture above, its a green colored light gel in a glass jar. The glass jar might be a problem when travelling but otherwise its a nice sturdy container. Unfortunately, I threw away the outer packaging which contains the list of ingredients and such.
- The reason why this is a summer time staple of mine is because it has an incredible light feel on the skin. The gel has a nice cool feel on the skin immediately after application and it absorbs very quickly leaving no sticky residue on the skin surface. The no greasy after feel can be a real blessing when the weather conditions are hot and humid so this is my go to summer day time moisturizer.
- This is also a real budget friendly moisturizer. It costs 7 to 8 dollars depending on where you shop 🙂
- I use this cream as a primer as well! 🙂 I do not wear a primer on top of this cream during the day. I generally do not like to use a face primer regularly and use one only for weddings and events. This cream being a gel helps create a nice finish on the skin which helps with foundation application. It might not help so much with oil control, but being a dry skin gal I don’t have major oil issues to deal with.
- The gel does have a slight scent but it does not bother me at all 🙂 It is a very light fresh smelling scent that doesn’t linger for too long..yay to that!
- I do have to point out that this cream isn’t very moisturizing and does nothing for me during the winters! This cream is for normal to combo skin and since in summers my skin is less dry it works. There is a pink gel version of the same cream for dry skin but I personally did not find it any different from this one except for the gel color!
- The cream mainly consists of water and glycerin with dimethicone added in which explains why it helps with creating a nice base for makeup application. I also have to point out that denatured alcohol is a major ingredient in this cream and therefore might not be suitable for people with extremely sensitive skin since it can further dry out or irritate sensitive skin.
Do let me know what is your favorite summer time moisturizer? I would love to explore some other light and hydrating mositurizers this summer..so suggestions are welcome 🙂 Until next time..ciao!