Hello there folks!
I have mostly been a eye pencil girl for as long as I remember. Part of the reason being the ease of use and better precision I get from using khol pencils. The one time I actually tried using a liquid eyeliner resulted in me looking like a Japanese kabuki artist…it was way tooo thick and I looked hideous! I saw many people rave about the Milani liquid eyeliner online and so I thought maybe I should try it out ..especially since it claims to be able to give you an ultra fine line ! I must admit it did take me some getting used to (and slotting in extra time when getting ready) but I am now quite comfortable using this particular liquid liner 🙂 yay!!
- First off..when they say this is a black eyeliner..they means the real black like the blackest black. It is a true black with no blue or green undertones so this is really perfect if your looking for a true deep black.
- One of the biggest reason why I like this is because it is smudge proof. Once the eyeliner dries which happens fairly quickly, there is no way its going to budge unless you use a makeup remover and it stays put for a full day at work or outdoors too. I do not have watery eyes in general but I have a strong feeling it will last even if you bawl your eyes out 😛
- Also if you are sensitive to smells in makeup products..good news.. I couldn’t detect any unpleasant or funny smells with this product.
- So this guy which is the blackest black liquid eyeliner I’ve ever seen, pretty much budge proof with no funny smells costs less than 10$. Now that is an awesome deal don’t you think so ? 🙂
- As you can see from the picture above, the applicator or tip is kind of tapered. Now I think it would have been slightly easier to use if tip were a bit more flexible..so then the actual drawing of the line would be easier. The non flexible tip might make it a little difficult for novices to apply at first (like myself) but then with a bit of practice I have been able to get the hang of using it. The fine tip does allow for drawing a really fine line and you can also build up the thickness of the line so depending on the occasion you can play up or play down the intensity of the liner.
- I have to admit..considering how smudge proof and budge proof this is, it can sometimes be a pain to get it off 😛 Don’t get me wrong..its not as tough as removing water proof mascara just that once you use a makeup remover it flakes off your eyelid and the flakes stick around on your face and everywhere else..so it can be a pain sometimes.
- As you can see from the picture below, this dries to a somewhat glossy/wet finish which I am not a big fan of . I would have loved it if had a matte finish.
Overall, I think its not a bad product at all for the price. I have heard that the formula is not the same across all the different colors in this range and how it can be a little bit watery with some of the other colors. I do not have any issues with the consistency of the black one which is the only color I own from this line .
Hope you guys are having a great week..until next time ciao!!