I have mentioned before on my blog how much I like the baked blush from the Laura Geller baked 101 set which I reviewed (here) a while back. Today I am going to talk to you about her cream blush which I think is quite gorgeous too! Now I had purchased the air whipped blush back in January when Laura Geller had a sale on her website. When I check back now, I see that its available only in her kits and not for individual purchase. However, I do see it for sale on amazon and ebay for reasonable prices so if you don’t want to buy a whole kit you can still purchase it individually from these places 🙂
- This is a cream blush that is advertised as being lightweight, oil free and buildable. I do find the formula to be extremely creamy but at the same time it does not feel heavy on the skin once applied. It is very moist to touch and it gives a nice cooling sensation when applied on the cheeks which I really like 🙂
- They suggest that you apply this on your cheeks with your fingertips and I feel you do get the best results in this way rather than by using a brush.
- I think this blush is available in 3 shades: Whisper berry, whisper petal and whisper rose. The shade I have is called Whisper Rose. It is an extremely pretty dusty rosy peach with very fine shimmer. In the pot, it does appear to be really dark as seen in the picture below, but once you apply it on your cheeks the color sheers out.
- As you can see I have barely made a dent in the blush pot 😀 that is because you need very little of the product. It is quite intensely pigmented so you need to be careful when applying this..a little goes a long way!!!
- The reason why I think this blush is a winner in my books is because it gives a nice luminous sheen to your cheeks. Even on days when I am really tired this blush makes me look healthy and upbeat! I recently started using this blush as a sort of ‘base’ for matte blushes and the end result is lovely..you basically get a lovely glow (without the glitter and sparkles) with matte blushes. I find the combination of whisper rose with the Frat Boy blush from The Balm particularly pretty 🙂
- One thing I am not a fan of is the packaging! I don’t like the bulky gold dome top which makes it difficult to store and travel with. It would be nice if they repackaged it with a flatter top since the actual product is quite nice.
- Also once you open the lid, there is another plastic lid which is to prevent the product from drying out. I find that opening and replacing this lid plus using my fingers to apply this blush too much work when I am in a hurry to rush out of the door. In those situations I find it much easier to grab a powder blush.
Overall, I think this is a really pretty blush worth trying. I think the original price is 26$, which I feel is too much to pay for this but if you can find this on sale then I say go for it !! I think I purchased mine on sale for 16$ which I think was a good price to pay 🙂
Have you tried any of the air whipped products from Laura Geller? Let me know what you think of them !!
Until next time , ciao!!