I have been busy with a whole lot of things happening and I really enjoy writing posts for my blog. I find it relaxing and just realized I have now got 70 followers! That is very exciting news for me since I never imagined that would happen when I started blogging some 3 months back 😀 So a big thank you to everyone who follows my blog..I really appreciate it and thanks for joining me in my journey uncovering the good, the bad and the ugly in the makeup world!!
I am very excited to write about the Milani Shadow eyez pencil or chubby stick or what ever you want to call it 🙂 I am so glad I picked this up on a recent visit to CVS. It is such a pretty eyeshadow color!
- I picked this up some 3 weeks ago and have been using it on and off since I got it. So the Shadow Eyez are like eyeshadow sticks/eyeliners. The texture is phenomenal for a drugstore product..it is creamy and glides on really smoothly and the pigmentation is off the charts!! need I say more to get you to your nearest CVS? 😀
- The shade I picked up is called golden bronze and it comes off looking more golden than bronze but the shade is a real stunner!
- I have mostly used this as an eyeshadow and I am really impressed. It does not crease on me even when I am not wearing a primer. They claim to give you 12 hours of wear without creasing or smudging and I find that to be true! I rarely wear makeup for longer than 12 hours at a stretch but I feel this can maybe last longer than 12 hours with a primer!
- The shade as such is stunning and stands out when you wear it since it has a metallic sheen to it. There are no big chucks of glitter, the finish is metallic or metal foil like on the eyelids.
- I find this an ideal travel companion! Especially if your off to some place this summer 😀 You can easily use this for an intense 1 eye shadow look or use it to add some summer glam to your neutral eye look.
- I also like the fact that its easy to not only apply, but also to remove at the end of the day. I do use an oil based makeup remover to do the job.
- The only negative I can think is the fact that it is like a traditional pencil and not the twist up kinds that do not require sharpening. So if you do not already own a sharpener for a jumbo pencil you might have to get that as well when you purchase this.
If you are based in the US and have a CVS near you do try get your hands on it soon. I managed to get mine for 50% off the original price so I paid somewhere between 4 to 5 $ for this and that is a neat price tag !
Hope your having a great week…until next time ciao!!!