All of you guys based in the US must be getting all ready to spend the 3 day weekend with friends and family! It has been a crazy week so far and I cant wait to unwind in the next couple of days..hot dogs and beer all the way 😀 Anyway..do you guys know that I have lately been addicted to the blushes from Milani? I know ..I am so late to the party!! I got my first Milani blush way back in January and I didn’t really use it much until 2 months back and since then I got 2 more and very soon I will grab the matte blushes too even though I know I don’t need any more blushes!! 🙂
Okay I am sure you either own one of these blushes or have come across reviews on them in other blogs and vlogs, so I wasn’t sure if I should talk about these on my blog.. then I thought what the heck…this blog is after all about sharing my opinion on stuff that I love and don’t love ..so here goes!
So the very first blush that I got from Milani’s baked blush line is Fantastico Mauve in January. It has been discontinued but you can still find it on amazon and ebay if you really want to get your hands on them. Even though it is no longer available in stores, I decided to talk about this really pretty mauve / berry shade because it has now become a favorite of mine out of the 3 shades I own! As you can see from the picture below it looks purple in the pan and that was the reason I gravitated towards it! It however does not apply purple on the cheeks, instead it gives the cheek a really nice berry toned flush. I am guessing this looks really pretty on darker skin tones! for my medium tone skin, I have to use a stippling brush to make sure I don’t look like a clown and even with a stippling brush..less is more!
Shade number 2 in my collection is called Luminoso. I have seen plenty of bloggers report that this is a dupe for many high end brand blushes. To me dupe or not I love it for what it is 🙂 It is a really nice peachy color which has a sheen to it. Out of the 3 blushes I have from the line, I find this to contain the least amount of glitter. This probably works best as a highlighter for darker skin tones but will definitely work as a perfect peachy blush for light to medium skin tones.
Lastly,lets talk about Rose d’Oro shall we 🙂 If your looking for the perfect summer time blush from the drugstore I’d say go for this one! It really is a lovely rose gold shade just as the name implies and imparts a sun kissed glow to the cheeks. This does have a considerable amount of glitter and I feel the key to making this look great on the skin is to blend it really well..the glitter will become less apparent then!
- If you havn’t heard or noticed it already..these guys look very much like MAC Mineralised Skin Finishes. I have to say that they not only look like their MAC cousins..they also perform just as well in terms of color payoff, lasting power and quality. These are made in Italy and I think the MAC ones are made there too..I also find these to be similar to Laura Geller baked blushes in terms of quality.
- The price tag is awesome 🙂 they are under 10 $ and so if your in the mood to try some blushes and your on a budget these are pretty wallet friendly.
- As I said before, a little goes a long way with these blushes since they are really pigmented. So I don’t see myself hitting pan on these any time in the near future! So for under 10 bucks your getting a product that will last you a loooong time.
- As you can see from the swatches below they have quite a bit of shimmer to them. The key to using these is to use less and blend like a mad woman..and they do blend really well so its not really a struggle!
- The only thing I am not a fan of is the packaging. I find it a bit bulky. The blush comes with a base compartment where they have mirror and brush..which is nice but I rather they do away with that additional compartment and make a slimmer packaging!
- These blushes are not for the matte blush lovers. They did release 2 new matte blushes to the collection recently and I think I need to get my hands on them soon 😀
Hope you guys had a great week! and happy 4th of July to the folks in the US!!!
Until next time …ciao!!