I have been meaning to write about this bad boy for a while now! Ever since I got this way back in Feb I have used it regularly (and I haven’t made a dent in it) and love it to bits! It is the best multi use palette I own since it not only comes with 12 amazing eyeshadows, but also a highlighter, a blush and 2 lip products all enclosed in a cute cardboard palette that is super sleek 🙂
- I love travel and do travel a fair bit! and if your like me, I think you have found your new travel companion 😉 The palette is really sleek, doesn’t bother the TSA and you have 12 eyeshadows to chose from even for a short 2 day trip.
- The balm has flash sales once in a while and they are featured on hautelook often..so if you can get your hands on this palette at a discounted price its excellent value for money! for 18 to 19 $ your getting an array of buttery smooth eyeshadows, blush , highlighter and 2 lip products as shown below. I love the mirror too!!
- The cream products have a separate flap to protect them from any powder fallout from the shadows and face products..which is a nice thing done by the Balm.
- I feel that the eyeshadow shades in this palette can compliment any eye color and skin tone. They are quite versatile and wearable! As with all the products from The Balm, the eyeshadows all have fun band names reflecting the theme of the palette 🙂 The shades have been classified as Heavy Metal, Classical and Alternative Rock. All the Classical shades are matte. Now lets take a look at them closely!
- The heavy metal shadows consist of Metal-ica: shimmery silver shade, Iron Maid-in: soft gold shade, Lead Zeppelin: Green shade with chunky gold glitter and Alice Copper: Burnt plum shimmer shade. All of these have a smooth and creamy texture with the exception of Lead Zeppelin. In fact, this is the only shade that really disappointed me in this palette! It looks really pretty in the pan but it has terrible fall out and has a gritty texture too.
- Like I mentioned before, this set of shadows is matte in texture but they still have a lovely creamy texture. Adagio: cream shade, Allegro: a nice matte transition brown shade, Moderato: Lovely deep purple and Presto: neutral deep brown. All of these apply really well and blend seamlessly.
- These have a satin finish to them in my opinion with the exception of Blink 1982 which is a nude shade with glitter. The stroke looks like a deep dark midnight blue in the pan but swatches almost like black. I really like the shade Rem which is a lavender shade with gold undertones. Unfortunately, my swatch doesn’t do this shade any justice! Third eye blinded is a nice peach champagne shade. Lets now move on to the other goodies in this palette!
- The first swatch is the lovely highlighter called disco diso. This is pretty much the same thing as their famous Mary Lou minizer. It is very pigmented and not glittery and when used with a light hand gives a lovely natural sheen 🙂 The blush is amazing! I love this blush like crazy 😛 its the perfect natural blush in my opinion! It is labelled as Don’t you want me in this palette but its essentially the Frat boy blush from their blush line. Lastly we have the lip products Milly and Vanilly (love the names!) which have a reasonable lasting power. They have a balm like texture and I don’t find them to be drying which is another plus.
Overall, I love this palette. I find myself packing this palette whenever I leave town and also reach for it otherwise 🙂 Many a times when companies combine multiple stuff into one palette there will be many misses..but here I like 99% of the stuff in the palette (thats a first!). Do you own the Balm Jovi Palette? What are your thoughts? 🙂
Tomorrow I will do a post featuring 4 eye looks using this palette so stay tuned!!
Until next time..ciao!!!