A couple of days ago, I posted (HERE) about how One Diection is coming out with limited edition makeup in the USA . Well, today I am going to show you what sort of goodies are there in one of the limited edition tins (warning: this is a long post!)! I was sent the Take me Home collection by Markwins International.
- I really like the fact that the contents are housed in a tin. I am a sucker for tins :). However, I should warn you that the pic of the boys is only there on the outer sleeve. Once you remove it, the tin has a brick print on it. I am personally okay with that but I can see some fans of One direction being disappointed about it.
- As you can see, the tin contains quite a few items! On one side, they give you an idea about the kind of looks you can create with the products in the tin. Out of the 3 tins available, this is the one leaning more towards neutral in color choices. Lets take a look at the contents more closely!
Lipstick in the shade Last First Kiss
- As you can see from the picture below, the lipstick is a very pretty rosy pink. It is very natural looking and for me this is a my lips but better kind of shade.
- The lipstick applied quite sheer and has a balm or lip butter kind of texture. I do find it to be very build able and it feels good on the lips. I find that it has reasonable lasting power and does not dry out my lips which is a huge plus!
- The product came damaged with the lipstick stuck to the top cap. Other than that no negatives here! I like this lipstick!
Lipgloss in the shade Kiss you
- This lipgloss looks really bright orange in the tube 🙂 but surprisingly it looks quite pretty on the lips. It does not apply bright orange, it looks almost peachy orange on my lips.
- There is a ton of glitter in this lipgloss which I am not a fan of unfortunately :(. The gloss is non tacky, but slightly gritty due to the big glitter chunks.
- This lip gloss is supposed to glow in UV light. I find that quite fascinating and can’t wait to see if it works!
- The applicator is a sponge tip one which is more paddle like than doe foot.
- Overall, I am not a fan of this gloss because of the glitter but the formula is great!
Nail Polish in the shade Live while your young
- This is more of a glitter top coat. I like the look of this nail polish with multi color gold glitter bits in it. I have not yet tried this on my nails since I got the makeup tin just after I got my nails done! So, I’ll try feature this soon on a foto friday post 🙂
Volumizing Mascara in black shade called Little Black Dress
- The mascara is supposed to be volumizing but I personally did not find it adding any additional volume to my lashes. However, it did lengthen my lashes and also hold up the curls.
- I always look for lengthening more than volume when picking up a mascara so this works for me. However, it is not the greatest mascara I’ve used. It does clump my lashes a teeny tiny bit.
Body/Eye Crayon called ‘I wish’
- This is a chubby pencil in a nice chocolate brown shade. I t can be used both on the eyes as well as the body.
- The crayon glides very effortlessly and has a smooth texture and so I find it perfect for use near the eyes.
- Overall, I am quite happy with this crayon!
4+1 Eyeshadow Palette in Nude Shades
- The eyeshadow palette in this kit is neutral. It comes with 4 powder shadows and 1 cream shadow. The shades are as follows: ‘Back for you’- cream color shade, ‘Change my Mind’ – peachy shimmer, ‘C’mon C’mon- soft taupe, ‘Little Things’- smoky brown and the cream shadow in golden glitter.
- I have to say that I am quite impressed with the soft texture of these shadows. They are not chalky and blend well too.
- The pigmentation is also impressive. The gold glitter cream shadow is a bit chunky but has a smooth consistency as well.
- Overall, I was not expecting the eyeshadows to have such good texture and quality and so..I am pleasantly surprised 🙂
Body Art Stencils
- Lastly the kit comes with some stencils which can used for drawing on your arm or anywhere using the eye/body crayon.
If you haven’t fallen asleep reading this long post yet 😉 , here is an eye look done using the contents in this kit! As you can see, the mascara has done a good job with lengthening my lashes. However they do look a bit clumpy too. For this look I first put the peachy shimmer shade called ‘Change my Mind’ all over the lid. I then went ahead and put the taupe shade called ‘C’mon C’mon in my crease followed by the brown shade called ‘Little Things’ in the outer V. I used the matte cream shade called ‘Back for you’ on my brow bone.
I used the body crayon to line the lashline and I topped it up with the cream shadow in gold glitter using an angled liner brush. I think I used 4 coats of the mascara to get this effect.
So now the big question…how much is this kit and is it worth it? I am not completely sure about the price..I think the 3 kits are going to retail at 29$. They are going to released at Macy’s first on the 11th of August. To get more details about the release check out the Facebook page HERE.
I am sure a die hard fan of One direction will enjoy this kit. The eyeshadow shades in this kit are very basic and most of us might have similar shades in our collection already. The lipstick shade is nice but again very dupable. If you don’t mind the glitter, the lipgloss is nice (I have to test out if it really glows in UV light!). Everything else in the kit is also nice but again nothing fantastic that makes me want to run out and buy it. I think you can skip this kit unless your looking for a gift for a girl just starting out with makeup or your a die hard fan of One direction!
Until next time..ciao!!
*I was sent this item for review but all the opinions expressed here are my own.