Today, I got some interesting stuff to share with you! I’d like you guys to get to know the brand Makeup Love which recently burst into the makeup world with some funky looking products. The founder of the brand, Charlotte was kind enough to send me all their main products to test out and here is my very long post on all the goodies the brand has to offer! 🙂
Lets take a look at the mascara, 3 lipglosses and the brand’s unique product called the tower of love one at a time!
1.Love That! Lash Mascara in True Black
They claim that this mascara can help with volume, length and definition of lashes.Now, finding the perfect mascara is very much like foundation shade matching to me..we all have different needs..some of us want length, some want volume and some of us want both. I am always looking out for lengthening mascaras, and this works beautifully for me! It does add a bit of volume, but I find it more effective as a lengthening mascara.
As you can see, the brush of this mascara is quite big and the bristles do help prevent clumping of the lashes. I am also impressed with its staying power. They last all day with no flaking and comes off only when you want it to at the end of the day! The formula of the mascara isn’t too thick nor is it too runny..in other words perfect!
2. Lipreme Gloss
There are 3 shades of lip gloss currently sold on their website ; Diamond in the Buff, VIPeach and Smexy. The formula of all these glosses is great! They are not sticky which is a big plus and also provide shine to the lips. All these glosses have tiny shimmer particles in them and while they do not stand out as chunky glitter on the lips I personally prefer not having sparkly shimmer particles in lipglosses.
These glosses are sheer and while they look different in the tube, on my lips I could not differentiate between them. The glosses probably work better if worn on top of a lipstick rather than as a stand alone gloss. They did however maintain their shine on the lips even with light eating and drinking.
3. Tower of Love: For the Love of Peach
I really love the concept of this product! It is essentially an all in one palette in cylinder form. The cylinder is compact and travel friendly. Unlike a traditional makeup palette, this design helps keep your cream and powder products separate and also no worries about your palette flipping open when travelling. The tower of love comes in 2 types; for the love of peach and for the love of pink. Lets first take a look at the Peach one!
As you can see from the pic above, the tower consists of several components that can be stacked together to give you a single portable cylinder or tower which you can easily move around with. The love of Peach comes with the following:
- Liplock lip cream in the shades Peachy and Crazed Coral : These are more thick in consistency and have more color to them than the lipreme glosses. They can be a tad bit sticky but not annoyingly sticky! The only thing I do not like is the brush which comes with these; I prefer using my own lip brush or fingers 🙂
- Brow Powder in brown and wet/dry eyeliner in black : The powders are of very good quality. They are finely milled and pigmented. These can also be used as eyeshadows as well! I did use the black eyeliner dry and was impressed with its lasting power.
- Weyed Open Eyeshadow in Leather and Lace: I really like these 2 shades and as with the eyeliner and brow powder, they are finely milled, pigmented and easy to blend.
- Cheeka blush in Crush: This is my absolute favorite item in this tower of love! As you will see from the swatches below, it adds the perfect peachy sheen to your cheeks! The blush is pigmented and does not fade as the day goes by.
- Get Perfect Powder in the shade Bare: This worked great as an oil control finishing powder on my medium skintone. I am not sure if it would work for anyone a few shades deeper than mine though since it has a pink beige color to it.
In case you’ve been wondering how these look up close, check out the swatch fest below! 😀
4. Tower of Love : For the Love of Pink
This is the other Tower of Love available! The main theme of this tower being you guessed it..Pink! 🙂 The set of items you get in this tower is very different from the previous one. You can always pick up both the towers and mix and match and make your own custom tower to take along in your handbag. Pretty neat huh!
For the love of Pink comes with the following products:
- Liplock lip cream in the shades Candy and Kiss: These have the same formula as the peach tower ones. Again my only gripe with these the brush that is included!
- Weyed Awake Illuminating concealer/eyeshadow base duo: I was really suprised by these! I love the texture; it is creamy and easy to blend into the skin. For deeper skin tones these might work better as an eyeshadow base than concealer. They do not cling to dry patches and last all day.
- Weyed Open eyeshadow in Pink Bubbly and Caviar: I really like these shades! As with the eyeshadows in the Peach tower, they are pigmented, blend able and finely milled.
- Cheeka blush in Flush: This is a pretty matte hot pink blush 🙂 It looks lovely on the cheeks and as with all their powder products, lasts all day!
- Get glowing Bronzer in Golden: This a very dark rich brown shade. Although it has some shimmer, I managed to contour successfully with this bronzer since the shimmer is very subtle!
Now for some swatches!!
Finally, here is an eye look I created using the shades Leather and Lace. They are subtle yet pretty on the lid, making them appropriate for work. I have also used the Love that! lash mascara and the powder eyeliner in black .
Overall, I really like their mascara and powder products. The tower of love is a really neat idea and in the future if they release more of them, it will be fun to mix and match the different tiers to create your own tower! If you want to know more about the brand or want to pick up some of their products, head over to www.makeuplovecosmetics.com.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Until next time..ciao!!
*PR Sample. Opinions expressed here are my own. (no affiliate links)