Hello folks! I always like to pick up local makeup products when I travel and Golden Rose was a brand that caught my eye when I went on a trip to Turkey a while back. Golden Rose is an affordable … Continue reading
Hello everyone! Every once in a while I do tend to forget packing certain cosmetic items while travelling. I am usually quite organized but every now and then I forget basics like deodorant, lip balm and body lotion. The last … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I have been wanting to review the NARS Velvet lip pencil for ages. I got this as a gift well over a year ago and it was love at first swipe! The formula is amazing! Usually I shy … Continue reading
Hello folks! I have been MIA for 3 weeks and it feels good to be back! A haul post seems like the right way to get back into blogging 😀
For the last couple of years the Western beauty world has been inundated with so many releases that I can hardly keep up anymore! I kind of started feeling a bit uninspired with a lot of the new releases. But I still wanted to satisfy my makeup shopping cravings 😉 and that is when I finally took the plunge into the K beauty world. I have bought makeup products from Korean brands almost 10 years ago when I lived in Singapore so it felt good to sort of reconnect with the K beauty world.
I found the website Cosmetic Love and liked the layout, the ease of navigation and the prices. So I did a trial order first where I purchased a highlighter. I kind of forgot about the website for a while and then went back to place a bigger order from Cosmetic Love in April. The prices were fantastic, unfortunately they have increased their shipping prices and that kind of kills the fun of getting these goodies at a low price. The shipping cost is calculated by weight and it can add up real quick!!!
I decided to place an order anyway and see how it goes..unfortunately for me the heaviest item in my order was out of stock and they refunded only the cost of the item..so I landed up paying a heavy shipping price for small items! A major bummer!!
So here below I will share the items I did get from my order.
- Clio Art Highlighter: This was the ‘test’ order I placed with them initially to see how good their services were. Technically not part of this particular haul but thought I’d include it in the picture anyway. This is an awesome highlighter..review coming soon 😉
- Tony Moly Panda’s Dream Clear Compact in Shade 02: I have not tried this yet but the packaging is so cute..I love Pandas..who doesn’t right?
- Holika Holika Holi Pop Velvet Lip Pencil: I am really impressed by this Lip Pencil. Again full review coming up soon!
- Holika Holika Good Cera Lip Balm: It is ok. I didn’t find it mind blowing.
- Tosowoong BB Cream: I have not yet tried this but find it intriguing since it is supposed to adjust to your coloring and is available in only a single shade. It costs only 2$!
- Tosowoong Sheet masks: I have not yet tried these but saw some good reviews. Have you tried these sheet masks?
- It’s Skin Prestige Creme d’ Escargot samples: Snail Cream..I have been wanting to try Snail products for the longest time 😀 Cosmetic Love sells samples of skin care products which is awesome since you can test out if they work for you or not before committing to a full size.
Overall, I think the website is okay except for their shipping charges! If you are able to balance out the weight of your products to pay the minimal shipping charges then give the website a try (and hope that the items you order aren’t out of stock). I am tempted to order more Korean Beauty products. Do you have any website recommendations?
Until next time, Ciao!!
Hello folks! I have a small confession to make..despite being a makeup junkie, I have till date tried nothing from Benefit Cosmetics. What! How come you may ask? Well the main attraction for me has always been the box powders … Continue reading
I have been a big fan of L’occitane bath and body products for close to 10 years now..it was one of the little luxuries I enjoyed when I was in college on a student budget 🙂 I love the scent … Continue reading
Hello folks!! I am currently at my parent’s house having a nice break from my own chaotic home, eating good food, online shopping and lazying about 😀 Now, that is my kind of weekend…especially post baby 😉 I received the … Continue reading